By: Matt Rothman
On May 31, three softball players from Coral Springs participated in the Broward County Athletic Association All-Star Game.
Juliana Hooker was officially named MVP for Team South. While her team fell 8-1, Hooker had a fantastic high school career with Pompano Beach. She won 20 games on the mound in four years with an ERA of 1.85. Hooker struck out 236 hitters in 170.2 innings pitched while her team won 52 games.
Offensively, Hooker swung the bat well with a .409 batting average. She hit four home runs, drove in 57 RBIs, and scored 60 runs. Next, the senior will play college softball at the University of Illinois next season.
Taylor Golden of Coral Springs Charter also competed on Team South with Hooker. She finished off a memorable high school career as a State Champion when she was a freshman. Golden hit .350 with 20 RBIs and 21 runs scored in her career.
Katherine Cova of Coral Springs High School played on Team North. She competed for the Colts varsity team and helped her team win a pair of games. They defeated Deerfield Beach and Northeast High School. The Colts scored 57 runs in the two games, including 39 in their win against the Hurricanes.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.06.29Coral Glades Baseball Helps Out Travel Team at Summer Camp
- News2022.06.29J.P. Taravella’s Derek Rodriguez Commits to Play College Baseball in Miami
- News2022.06.263 Coral Glades Football Players Set to Play at Same College
- News2022.06.19Former J.P. Taravella Pitcher Colby Lipovsky Throws Gem in NJCAA College World Series