By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs Charter softball held senior night for two players with a combined five State Championships.
Brianna Godfrey is signed to play college softball at Marshall University in West Virginia. In her six years on the varsity team, she has achieved four state championships, won 53 games, and pitched to an ERA of .73. She has also hit .448, with seven home runs, 82 RBI, and 40 extra-base hits.
“She has been our best and most valuable piece the past four years,” said Head Coach Mark Montimurro. “She has all six tools, is a true workhorse in the circle, and has literally won games essentially by herself on many occasions.”
Taylor Golden also has hit over .350 in her career and has 19 career RBIs. During her time on varsity, the Panthers have won 70 games with her on the team.
“Taylor has been one of our most consistent offensive players the past four seasons,” Coach Montimurro added. “Losing her bat last season (due to shoulder surgery) really hurt our chances in the playoffs. We need her to be a major contributor this coming postseason.”
CSC went on to win 15-0 and outscored the opposition 27-0 in their two games this week. Previously, the Panthers participated in the Big-8 Championship, and after beating Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Pompano Beach High School, the Panthers fell to Cooper City High School 5-2.
Still, Godfrey was incredible, allowing only one run and storming out 25 through the first two games. Freshman Heather Robertson also recorded her first career home run, while Godfrey hit her third this year. Stephanie Basso, Taylor Golden, and Stina D’Agostino recorded RBIs.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator