By: Matt Rothman
“I’ve been waiting for this day since I was a little girl. Signing with Marshall has to be the best decision I’ve made,” said Godfrey. “The coaches create such a family environment and care a lot about their players personally. I’m super excited to get started with them next year.”
Since sixth grade, Godfrey has been on the varsity team and helped lead the Panthers to four State Championships on the mound.
In her career, she has had 41 wins and an ERA of .73. Godfrey also is a lifetime .468 hitter, and has hit four home runs, drove in 71 RBI’s, and scored 87 runs while playing with the Panthers. She also plays travel softball for the Tampa Mustangs, who are one of the top teams in the country.
“Bri is a dynamic player that will contribute right away to a solid program, with coaches that will care for her and continue to develop her skill set,” said Head Coach Mark Montimurro. “Coral Springs Charter will miss Bri immensely when she graduates. Six-tool players don’t come along very often.”
While Marshall is switching out of Conference USA, she will join a talented team that went 20-12 last season. She was one of three players to sign on Wednesday but will have one more season on the varsity team before college.
“Thinking this is my last year being able to put on a Charter softball Jersey and being able to play for Coach Mark is sad, but knowing that, I am going to give it my all on the field,” she said. “My goal this year is to win States one last time.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator