By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs had four schools in the BCAA Track and Field Championship on Friday, with six student-athletes winning first place at Blanche Ely High School.
Jade Brown of J.P. Taravella dominated, winning the 100 and 200 meters, along with a first-place finish in the 4 x 100 relay with Aleah Marriott, Qurah Spann Pierre, and Ajah Arscottt. Nikai McNee also finished first for the boys’ team, while Michael Snow won the discus for Coral Springs Charter.
J.P. Taravella had Qurah Spann-Pierre and Jasiah Clapp finish in second place, along with Clapp, Carson Dunham, Charles Green, and Jaylen Amoa finishing as runner-up in the 4 x 800 relay.
U’Myri Bain, Carson Dunham, and Sebastian Merraro placed in the top five individually, with the boys’ team coming in fourth out of 32 Broward County schools and the girls finishing fifth out of 24 teams.
For Coral Springs High School, Leighton Peart came in second in the pole vault, and Tariq Murray came in fourth. Alexandra Bruno and Arianna Gibbs both finished fourth for Coral Springs Charter.
Joshua Clerge, Niecy Brown, Brianna Williams, Angelica Macuralay, Eli Groothius, Mackenzie Maniscalco, Tyler Monroe, Saniya Swain, Keeled Aomori, and Sebastian Merraro all finished in the top ten.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.02Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Chris Kahler Wins Conference Award in College
- News2023.05.28Coral Springs Charter Celebrates a Stellar Year of Athletes with Nine Students Signing Letters of Intent
- News2023.05.2810 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Make Their College Picks
- News2023.05.27Parkridge Christian Academy Set to Host Summer Basketball Camp