By: Matt Rothman
For the first time in school history, Alexandra Bruno will represent the Coral Springs Charter girls track and field team in the shot put at the State Championships.
Bruno has had an incredible year and became the first girl in school history to make Regionals in that event earlier this year after coming first in Districts. In Regionals, Bruno recorded a result of 35’52.25.
“I’ve worked hard and enjoyed this process every day,” Bruno said. It’s also very exciting to be the first female in shot put to represent CSC at the state track meet. I can’t wait to represent my school.”
This season, Head Coach Katie Brann says a large part of her success goes to Throwing Coach Janelle Graham, who was an eight-time SWAC Champion at Alabama State University.”
“I am extremely proud of Alexandra and her progress,” said Coach Graham. “Her form has improved drastically, and she continues to break her personal records in shot put. Every practice, she gets better and better.”
Bruno will have a chance to compete on Saturday, May 8, and hopes to win a State Championship.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year