By: Matt Rothman
For the first time in school history, Alexandra Bruno will represent the Coral Springs Charter girls track and field team in the shot put at the State Championships.
Bruno has had an incredible year and became the first girl in school history to make Regionals in that event earlier this year after coming first in Districts. In Regionals, Bruno recorded a result of 35-52.25.
“I’ve worked hard and enjoyed this process every day,” Bruno said. It’s also very exciting to be the first female in shot put to represent CSC at the state track meet. I can’t wait to represent my school.”
This season, Head Coach Katie Brann says a large part of her success goes to Throwing Coach Janelle Graham, who was an eight-time SWAC Champion at Alabama State University.”
“I am extremely proud of Alexandra and her progress,” said Coach Graham. “Her form has improved drastically, and she continues to break her personal records in shot put. Every practice, she gets better and better.”
Bruno will have a chance to compete on Saturday, May 8, and hopes to win a State Championship.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.10.24Former Coral Glades Kicker Colton Eisenberg Ready For College Opportunity
- News2021.10.23Coral Springs High School Cheerleading Team Honored on Senior Night of Football Game
- News2021.10.23Coral Springs Charter Football Game Ends in Tie Due to Lack of Lighting
- News2021.10.23Coral Glades Football Silences Critics With Important Win Friday Night