By: Chris Brunner
Reserve your spot for the 2018 City of Coral Springs Government Academy and learn how local government is run.
This free program will address the complex task of running a municipality, including an overview of the government organization as a whole. Citizens who enroll will become familiar with local government related issues, which will help foster potential community leaders by equipping them with essential information to share with other residents. Attendees will also learn about the wide variety of city services and explore hot button issues and challenges that face the city.
During the course of the academy, citizens will meet city commission members, the city manager and staff.
The Government Academy is free and open to residents 16 and older. Students will take away essential information that can help them prepare for more community involvement roles. Committee members and city commission board appointees are encouraged to attend.
Classes will take place at city facilities around town the following dates: April 19, April 26, May 3 and May 10 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Classes are limited to 40 people, and residents must register in advance. To register or for more information, call Korey Meckes at 954-344-1146 or visit www.CoralSprings.org/ga.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- NewsApril 16, 2020Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- NewsApril 6, 2020Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- NewsSeptember 25, 2019Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- NewsSeptember 23, 2019Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed