By: Chris Brunner
Back to school shopping is underway, but some children will head back to the classroom without much-needed, basic supplies. To help make sure all children are prepared for success, the City is collecting school supplies for economically disadvantaged children in the community.
Some of the items needed include: pens, pencils, crayons, double pocket folders, composition books, backpacks, tissues, hand sanitizer, rulers, scissors, glue, loose leaf paper, etc.
Through the help of City staff, volunteers and the community, we can give these children the supplies they need to be properly prepared for the school year,” – Volunteer Services Coordinator Kim Sanecki.
Donations can be dropped off at any of the following locations: Volunteer Services inside Mullins Park, 10000 Ben Geiger Drive (N.W. 29th St.); Police Department Lobby, 2801 Coral Springs Drive; Coral Springs Gymnasium, 2501 Coral Springs Drive; Coral Springs Museum, 2855 Coral Springs Drive; or at City Hall, 9551 W. Sample Road.
Cash donations also are accepted toward supplies and uniforms. School begins August 18 in Broward County. For more information, call 954-346-4430.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed