By: Sharon Aron Baron
BankUnited and the Miami Heat Charitable Fund will award college scholarships totaling $25,000 to five deserving South Florida high school seniors.
BankUnited Chairman, President and CEO Rajinder P. Singh, said, “At BankUnited, we place great value on education and community service, and we are proud to support these students as they pursue their dream of attending college.”
Now in its 24th year, the Miami Heat Scholarships presented by BankUnited and the Miami Heat Charitable Fund are awarded to students who have demonstrated excellence in academics and community service. Scholarships, given at a regular-season Miami Heat game, will be bestowed in the following categories: three $5,000 Heat Scholarships, one $5,000 Dr. Jack Ramsay Scholarship, and one $5,000 Alec Kessler Student-Athlete Scholarship.
The pursuit of excellence is something deeply engrained in the franchise’s culture, said Eric Woolworth, president of The Heat Group’s business operations.
“For many years, we’ve been humbled to join BankUnited in assisting South Florida students on the journey to become future leaders in our society and eventual stewards of the community.”
Open to high school seniors in Coral Springs, or any teen attending school in Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach County who will be enrolling in a four-year accredited college can apply now at nba.com.
The deadline to apply is January 25, 2020. Scholarship recipients will be notified on June 30, 2020.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive