By: Sharon Aron Baron
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and instead of the typical last-minute scramble for wines to pair with the big meal, a new local wine shop wants residents to “come in and drink better this year.”
According to Basser’s Fine Wine & Craft Beer owner Glenn Basser, there are not a lot of great choices. Wine drinkers have to drive 15 or 20 minutes to a supermarket, and although they have a lot of private labels, a boutique shop like theirs focuses on authentic family wineries.
“We wanted to elevate the bar and give enthusiasts the world-class experience,” he said.
Located in Coral Springs, the Basser’s have made it easy for everyone to pick the perfect bottle with three separate tastings to “try before they buy.”
On Friday, November 22, Funky Buddha will be hosting the Basser’s weekly happy hour, showing off their seasonal offerings from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
On Saturday, November 23, Opici Imports will taste “perfect Thanksgiving pairings,” including merlots, pinot noirs, and chiantis form their outstanding portfolio of highly rated wines.
On Wednesday, November 27, Basser’s is going big and holding a tasting of the Orin Swift wines from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
These wines always attract a big crowd, so get their early. Also, If you want to pop in and out with no time to taste, they have you covered as well. According to Glenn, Store Manager, Mathew King put together some beautiful gift boxes. They come in several price points and feature different wines from around the world, all hand-picked to make Thanksgiving meal even better.
Basser’s Fine Wine and Craft Beer is located at 6240 Coral Ridge Drive, Coral Springs. 954-840-3122
You can contact them at Basser’s Fine Wine and they will deliver locally for a minimum order of two cases or more.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.12.06Coral Springs Commission Appoints Joy Carter Vice Mayor for Second Term
- Crime & Safety2019.12.03Crime Update from Coral Springs Police: Latest Incidents Through November 26
- News2019.12.01Japanese Wrestling Legends Head to South Florida For ‘Seasons Beatings’
- Events2019.12.01Prepare for Snow with ‘Downtown in December’ in Coral Springs