By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades High School officially introduced Brianna Dawson as the new boys and girls varsity volleyball head coach.
She takes over for Kaitlin Ledbetter, who, after three years, took a teaching position at J.P. Taravella.
“It means a huge deal for me to be the new head coach of Glades volleyball team for both girls and boys,” said Dawson. “My passion for the sport is truly unmatched, and I want to share and help grow the love for volleyball that I have.”
A standout player earlier in her career, Dawson became one of the best for the Norwich University volleyball team, setting the school record for digs, and remains the only player with more than 1,000.
It wasn’t until she started working at a camp for Serio Rios, an Olympic volleyball player and coach that Dawson found her passion for coaching. She eventually moved to Florida, coaching the junior varsity volleyball team at Coral Springs Charter and the 13 and 15U Reign Volleyball Team.
“Coach Dawson is a great addition to the Coral Glades athletic department, and I’m excited to see what the season brings,” said Athletic Director Kristin Garcia.
The varsity volleyball team begins its season on August 23 against Boyd H. Anderson High School. The boy’s team will start their season in the Spring after both teams combined to win 23 games last year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.10.01Coral Springs Charter Girls Volleyball Riding 3-Game Winning Streak
- News2022.09.29Coral Springs Charters’ Bella Bertorelli Commits to Play College Softball
- News2022.09.29Week 5 High School Football Games in Coral Springs Rescheduled
- News2022.09.282 Coral Springs Charter Students Receive Military Academy Nominations from Rep. Ted Deutch