By: Matt Rothman
Under new Head Coach Kaitlin Ledbetter, the Coral Glades girls volleyball team picked up their first win of the season over Piper High School.
The Jaguars dropped only 31 points the entire match, defeating Piper 25-8, 25-17, 25-6.
For Coach Ledbetter, this is her first season as head coach after working as an assistant last year. She also works at the school as a geometry teacher.
“It meant the world to me to see all of our hard work pay off,” Coach Ledbetter said. “The team played really well, especially since they are still learning to play together. It is going to be a great season.”
Megan Cecil and Mariyana Cardwell led the team in kills, while Jaira Smith was tremendous at the net defensively. Gia Pulcher also was the team leader in digs.
Up next, Coral Glades will take on Coconut Creek on Tuesday, August 31st. The Jaguars will play 16 regular season matches highlighted with matchups against Monarch, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, and Coral Springs High School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 8, 202310 Coral Springs Athletes Selected to BCAA All-Star Football Game
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday