By Kevin Deutsch
The Coral Springs Police Officers Foundation FOP Lodge 87 has launched a GoFundMe page to raise money for Sgt. Patrick “Pat” Madison, a decorated member of the Coral Springs Police Department who died Friday from complications of COVID-19.
Madison, 43, joined the force in 2006 and supervised the General Investigations Unit starting in 2020, serving 15 years in the department.
“All donations will go towards supporting Pat’s family with any funeral expenses and any of the family’s other needs,” reads the fundraiser page.
After three years on road patrol, Madison – a graduate of Southern University and A&M College – was selected to serve as a Field Training Officer, helping newly hired officers learn the ropes, according to the department.
In 2012, Madison was transferred to the Youth Liaison Unit, where he served as a School Resource Officer (SRO) at Sawgrass Springs Middle School and later at Coral Springs High School.
Madison was promoted to the rank of Sergeant in 2018, returning to road patrol. After two years of leading his squad, he was selected to supervise General Investigations.
“Known for his big heart and charismatic personality, Pat easily made friends with virtually anyone he met,” his colleagues wrote on the fundraiser page.
As of Monday night, the page had raised $16,705 toward its $25,000 goal.
Madison is survived by his son, Patrick Jr. “PJ,” fiancé, Hazel Mullings, mother, Charlotte Madison, brother, Carl Madison, and sister, Deatreaus Johnson.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.21Coral Springs Police Find Fentanyl-Laced Cocaine During Traffic stop
- Events2022.01.20Coral Springs Resident to Compete in Miss Florida Pageant
- Crime & Safety2022.01.20“Sorry But I Have To Do This”: Armed Robber Rips Off Coral Springs Vape Shop
- Crime & Safety2022.01.19Coral Springs Murder Victim May Have Been Targeted at Strip Club