By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Public Schools will be holding a forum on school safety where Superintendent Robert W. Runcie, District leadership and security experts from Safe Havens will be providing an overview of school safety.
An international nonprofit campus safety center, Safe Havens helps schools and school systems improve crisis preparedness and campus safety through planning, coordination, and evaluating a range of school crisis simulations.
There will also be an opportunity for parents and community members to provide feedback.
The event will be held on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at Piper High School, located at 8000 NW 44th Street, Sunrise, Florida 33351, from 6 pm. to 7:30 p.m. Coral Springs residents encouraged to attend. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. It will also be streamed live on the district’s website at browardschools.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste March 6
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home