By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Public Schools will be holding a forum on school safety where Superintendent Robert W. Runcie, District leadership and security experts from Safe Havens will be providing an overview of school safety.
An international nonprofit campus safety center, Safe Havens helps schools and school systems improve crisis preparedness and campus safety through planning, coordination, and evaluating a range of school crisis simulations.
There will also be an opportunity for parents and community members to provide feedback.
The event will be held on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at Piper High School, located at 8000 NW 44th Street, Sunrise, Florida 33351, from 6 pm. to 7:30 p.m. Coral Springs residents encouraged to attend. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. It will also be streamed live on the district’s website at browardschools.com.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution