By: Chris Brunner
A new mobile app that uses real-time facial recognition technology is now available for for pet owners throughout Broward County to help identify their lost dogs.
And the good news is it’s free for Coral Springs residents
Broward’s Animal Care and Adoption and the Humane Society of Broward County have joined forces with the Finding Rover app that features a special, easy- to-use lost and found notification system. If a dog is found, the finder can upload its picture. Once the photo is recognized through Finding Rover’s facial recognition software, the finder will receive information on how to contact the pet’s owner.
As part of the effort, both Animal Care and the Humane Society will automatically upload and integrate information from their database into the Finding Rover system, and every dog that leaves either shelter will already be pre-registered in the Finding Rover database. Once adopted, the new pet owner can download the app and register with Finding Rover and their pets’ information will conveniently be transferred to their new account.
“With the Finding Rover app, a smartphone suddenly becomes a powerful tool in the effort to reunite pets with their families,” said Thomas Adair, Assistant Director, Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Division. “Implementation of technologies such as Finding Rover make it possible for us to further our objective of reducing shelter intake and reuniting lost dogs with their pet parents.”
Mary Steffen, Senior VP of Operations at the Humane Society of Broward County says, “We are excited to be working with BCAC and Finding Rover to add another layer of security for the dogs of Broward County.”
The Finding Rover app can be downloaded on any Apple or Android device. It can also be accessed at FindingRover.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration