By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Health celebrates nurses with a new video showing enthusiastic workers and patient discharges to the tune of “Happy” by Pharrell Williams.
Starting each year on May 6, National Nurses Week runs through May 12 — Florence Nightingale’s birthday.
In 1982 President Ronald Reagan signed a proclamation on March 25, proclaiming a “National Recognition Day for Nurses” to be May 6, and in 1990, the American Nurses Association Board of Directors expanded the recognition of nurses to a week-long celebration.
Broward Health, which includes Broward Health Coral Springs, services all segments of the community through its four hospitals, a children’s hospital, seven primary care centers.
“Thank you to every nurse in every area of our hospitals, and especially those who’ve helped almost 350 patients return to their families as part of our Code Happy discharges,” said a spokesperson with Broward Health.
Got News? Send a message to Coral Springs #1 news site.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.05.19J.P. Taravella Drama Awarded 4 Cappies
- Crime & Safety2022.05.192 Coral Springs-Parkland First Responders Named Paramedics of the Year
- News2022.05.192nd Annual King of Coral Springs Chess Tournament Held May 21
- News2022.05.17Moody’s Upgrades Outlook For Broward Health From Stable to Positive