Kloe Vasquez and Mom Kathya Machadoromero and Martha and Michael Collins with Micah.
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Ever since the Maternity Place was launched at Broward Health Coral Springs there has been no shortage of mothers wanting to give birth at the new state-of-the-art facility.
After a two-year $65 million expansion project, the four-story patient tower recently opened and welcomed Kloe Vasquez, who was the first to arrive on September 13, 2018, at 4:38 p.m. She weighed 8 pounds. 15 ounces. and measured 20 and three-fourth inches. Mom Kathya Machadoromero said she was delighted to give birth to the first baby in the new unit.
“I was so excited to deliver in the new tower,” said Machadoromero. “I just moved down from New York and my mom who lives here kept sending me pictures of this beautiful hospital and I never thought that my baby would be the first baby to be born here. Everything is so beautiful.”
The next day at 1:20 p.m, Micah Darnell Collins was born measuring 19 and three-fourth inches long and weighing 6 pounds. 15 ounces. Parents Michael and Martha Collins said they were beyond pleased with the care they received at the Maternity Place.
“Our experience here has been one of a kind,” she said. “We almost don’t want to go home. Our beautiful room has been icing on the cake.”
The expanded Maternity Place includes all-private labor and delivery rooms, a dedicated triage and recovery area, and direct access to the advanced Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of the Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital, which features all-private rooms.
“Seeing the parents’ faces as they embraced their new babies and being part of such an important milestone in a family’s life, is a great reminder of why we come to work every day,” said Broward Health Coral Springs CEO Jared Smith. “We wish them all the very best.”
Broward Health President/CEO Beverly Capasso was thrilled to learn of the births and the positive feedback from the new parents. She said new moms deserve the best medical care in a beautiful environment.
“Maternity Place at Broward Health Coral Springs is designed to provide expecting moms with access to excellent maternal and prenatal care.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration