By Sharon Aron Baron
Just days before Christmas, a team of frontline workers at Broward Health Coral Springs began receiving the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
On Wednesday, the first to receive the immunization was Terri Dutts, RN, nurse manager of the COVID unit, who said it was an amazing opportunity and meant so much to those on the frontline.
“I can’t wait for all of my fellow healthcare workers to also get vaccinated,” said Dutts, who added that the Moderna vaccine was more comfortable than receiving the flu vaccine.
“While we continue to take care of those in our community who have COVID, we’ll be safe and can now go home to our families at night knowing that we have an extra layer of protection,” she said.
Second in line was Emergency Room Physician Nirit Swerdloff, M.D.
“This feels tremendous,” said Swerdloff. “On behalf of everyone who takes care of patients in this hospital, I want to say that it’s so great to have an extra layer of protection and a real start to fight this virus.”
Based on evidence from clinical trials, the Moderna vaccine was 94.1 percent effective at preventing laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 illness in people who received two doses who had no evidence of being previously infected.
At this time, vaccinations are only available to healthcare providers. For questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccination, contact 1-866-779-6121 or COVIDemail@example.com.
“It’s a very exciting day for us because this vaccine means that we are turning the corner in our fight against COVID,” said Kutty Chandran, M.D., chief medical officer of Broward Health Coral Springs.
“The vaccine will make a tremendous difference in containing the pandemic.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.22Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event
- Events2021.06.22Ticket Alert: Comedian Steven Wright Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older