By: Sharon Aron Baron
As part of Broward 100, Coral Springs is now participating in the Inside Out project which encourages communities to reflect the diversity of their residents in expressive black-and-white portraits that are exhibited in public forums, such as on building walls and sidewalks. The larger-than-life images serve as a reflection of community diversity that can be seen and enjoyed by all.
The photo murals now displayed on the façade of the Northwest Regional Library, located at 3151 N. University Drive, just south of Sample Road, were taken during the Biz Art festival in January. The mural will be on display for 4 to 6 months.
About Broward 100 – Celebrating the Art of Community: Broward 100 – Celebrating the Art of Community’ is a yearlong, community-wide celebration beginning in October 2014. Broward 100 will commemorate Broward County’s centennial with bold, innovative art and performance projects that attract visitors and bring Broward residents together using our arts, sports and recreation venues, natural attractions and incredible diversity to creatively bridge, bond and build their communities. The celebration will be steeped in historical perspective and more importantly, will look toward the future. For more information about Broward 100, visit broward100.org or email Broward100@broward.org.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.276 Inch Gas Line Rupture on Wiles Road Causing Closures
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway