By: Sharon Aron Baron
The J.P. Taravella drama department features a turn-of-the-century experience with their latest production of Ragtime: The Musical – School Edition.
This song and dance represented by Harlem musician Coalhouse Walker Jr., depicts history’s timeless contradictions. With a book by Terrence McNally and a Tony Award-winning score by the legendary duo of Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty that brought “Once on This Island,” this production showcases the light at the end of a tunnel distraught with prejudice and poverty.
Due to it’s diversity and mature themes, Ragtime is not usually tackled by a high school cast; however, the theatre director for Broward County Public Schools, as well as the director of Ragtime, Lori Sessions, has been wanting to do her all-time favorite show since before she began teaching and believes that this group of students will not only rise to the task, but truly reach success.
The performance will be on November 13th, 14th, and 15th at 7:00pm and November 16th at 1:00pm.
Pre-sale tickets are $12.00 for adults and $8.00 for students and are available at www.seatyourself.biz/jpt. Cappies and Thespians will get in free with proper ID. Tickets are available at the box office 1 hour prior to the show for $15.00. at the J.P. Taravella’s Auditorium, 10600 Riverside Dr. Coral Springs, FL 33071.
If you’d like more information about Ragtime, please contact Lori Sessions at 754-322-2300 ext. 5772 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.14Coral Springs-Parkland Firefighter Who Battled Cancer Laid to Rest