Residents are encouraged to attend an upcoming Candidate Forum where they will have a chance to hear municipal, Florida House District 97, County Commission District 3 and School Board District 4 candidates as they engage in a discussion at the Coral Springs Charter School Auditorium on Wednesday, October 3 from 7 to 9 p.m.
Candidates scheduled to speak at the Forum are Jared Moskowitz vs. James Gleason for Florida House Representative; Stacy Ritter vs. Robert Sutton for County Commission District 3; Abby Freedman vs. Rochelle “Shelly” Solomon for School Board District 4; Vince Boccard vs. John Arnold for Coral Springs Mayor and Dan Daley vs. Mark Gendal for City Commission Seat 2.
The November 6 ballot includes a local commission election, as the Mayor’s seat (Seat 1), and Seat 2 are up for reelection. Commissioners Larry Vignola and Tom Powers ran unopposed for Seats 3 and 5, respectively. The Mayor serves a two-year term of office and City Commissioners serve four-year terms of office. Residents from Coral Springs, Parkland, Margate, Tamarac and North Lauderdale will be interested in this event as some candidates may be representing these areas.
If you miss the event, the Forum will be taped and aired on CityTV, Channel 25 on Advanced Cable and Channel 99 on U-Verse.
This free event is sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Broward.
The Coral Springs Charter School is located at 3205 N. University Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1
- News2020.11.28Drop Off Hazardous Materials at 2 Different Dates and Locations in December