A Coral Springs man was arrested for stabbing his mother after an extensive search by the police last night.
At approximately 7:50 p.m. Saturday, police received a call that a female was screaming for help at 3700 block of Riverside Drive and described the assailant punching her and pulling her by her arm telling her to get into the residence.
Upon arrival, police observed a female lying inside the front door of the home. The female, who was identified as Joceleine Pericles, 53, of Coral Springs was transported to Broward Health North with multiple stab wounds.
Police received information that a suspect matching the description of the one involved was last seen running into the wooded area at the southwest corner of Sample Road and Riverside Drive. After an extensive search by K-9 units, Broward County Sheriff’s Office helicopter and members of the SWAT team, the suspect was taken into custody inside the wooded area.
He was identified as Dee Jony Etienne, 30, of Coral Springs. Etienne is being charged with first degree murder and resisting without violence. Etienne was transported to Broward County main jail.
Pericles was pronounced dead at Broward Health North.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20