A Coral Springs man was arrested for stabbing his mother after an extensive search by the police last night.
At approximately 7:50 p.m. Saturday, police received a call that a female was screaming for help at 3700 block of Riverside Drive and described the assailant punching her and pulling her by her arm telling her to get into the residence.
Upon arrival, police observed a female lying inside the front door of the home. The female, who was identified as Joceleine Pericles, 53, of Coral Springs was transported to Broward Health North with multiple stab wounds.
Police received information that a suspect matching the description of the one involved was last seen running into the wooded area at the southwest corner of Sample Road and Riverside Drive. After an extensive search by K-9 units, Broward County Sheriff’s Office helicopter and members of the SWAT team, the suspect was taken into custody inside the wooded area.
He was identified as Dee Jony Etienne, 30, of Coral Springs. Etienne is being charged with first degree murder and resisting without violence. Etienne was transported to Broward County main jail.
Pericles was pronounced dead at Broward Health North.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.06.01Coral Springs Chief: Incident in Minneapolis Not Acceptable in our Department
- News2020.06.01City Cancels Annual Teen Political Forum Due to Planned Protests
- News2020.05.31100+ Restaurants Now Open In Coral Springs for Dining and Delivery
- News2020.05.30Tennis, Tattoos, and Massage Services Allowed to Reopen in Coral Springs