By: Sharon Aron Baron
On May 19th, hundreds of of Coral Springs residents and well-wishers joined in a day of festivities as Chabad of Southwest Coral Springs finally completed its brand new Torah.
The Torah, which is the holiest and most cherished object of the Jewish people, is composed of over 304,000 letters. It is handwritten by a specially trained scribe in Israel which takes many months to complete at a cost of around $40,000. Members of the community were invited to sponsor either a letter, or one of the 53 portions of the Torah.
Following the completion of the Torah, held at the Coral Springs Country Club, the Chabad had a dedication where the crowd in a balloon-filled car parade followed the chupah, or wedding canopy, to the Chabad center on Atlantic Blvd where the Torah was given a red carpet welcome to its new home where over 200 people enjoyed the desserts and dancing that lasted for hours.
More Photos Chabad of Southwest Coral Springs
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.11.29Coral Springs Police Hold Annual Toy Drive Through December 15
- News2021.11.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste Dec. 4
- Events2021.11.28TICKET ALERT: 6th Annual Orchid and Plant Festival at the Sawgrass Nature Center
- News2021.11.26Donations Needed for United Way’s ‘Adopt-a-Family’ Annual Gift Drive