By: Sharon Aron Baron
On May 19th, hundreds of of Coral Springs residents and well-wishers joined in a day of festivities as Chabad of Southwest Coral Springs finally completed its brand new Torah.
The Torah, which is the holiest and most cherished object of the Jewish people, is composed of over 304,000 letters. It is handwritten by a specially trained scribe in Israel which takes many months to complete at a cost of around $40,000. Members of the community were invited to sponsor either a letter, or one of the 53 portions of the Torah.
Following the completion of the Torah, held at the Coral Springs Country Club, the Chabad had a dedication where the crowd in a balloon-filled car parade followed the chupah, or wedding canopy, to the Chabad center on Atlantic Blvd where the Torah was given a red carpet welcome to its new home where over 200 people enjoyed the desserts and dancing that lasted for hours.
More Photos Chabad of Southwest Coral Springs
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show
- News2021.03.03Chamber Educates Business Community with 1st Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Summit
- News2021.03.02Broward League of Cities Offering Scholarships to 2021 High School Seniors
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch