Can’t view the Slideshow on your device? Then view it on Flickr!
By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs presented their Memorial Day service on Monday morning at Veterans Park.
Dedicated to all the veterans who fought or died in service for their country, the service was led by Alan Paley of the Jewish War Veterans Post 606. The Invocation was given by Deacon Denis Mieyal of St. Andrew Catholic Church and the Pledge of Allegiance was led by American Heritage Girls Troop GL 0001. The Presentation of Colors was given by the Coral Springs Civil Air Patrol.
The featured speaker this year was Jared Moskowitz, who serves as a State Representative for his hometown of Coral Springs.
The Coral Springs Honor Guard presented the Salute Volley, where they fire blank cartridges into the air. The Coral Springs Police Honor Guard played Echo Taps.
Mayor Vincent Boccard, Vice Mayor Tom Powers, Commissioners Claudette Bruck, Daley, and Larry Vignola all gave special messages dedicated to this important day.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.24Coral Springs Police Seek 2 Suspects Who Conned Victim in Lottery Scam
- News2020.09.23Video: Patient at Broward Health Coral Springs Celebrates 101st Birthday
- News2020.09.23Sawgrass Nature Center Raising Funds for Environmental Education Project for Title 1 Schools
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3