By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs Charter had a terrific week, highlighted by the football team’s second straight win on Thursday night.
The football team recorded their second straight win to move to 2-3 on the season with a 46-14 on Thursday over Northeast High School. They will play Pine Crest in their next game on Friday, October 13, at 7 p.m. They come in with a record of 1-5, with their only also coming against Northeast.
In volleyball, the Panthers started the week with a loss to Western High School but defeated J.P. Taravella on Wednesday for their seventh win before playing Nova in their next match on Thursday. They have only two games left in the regular season and will face North Broward Prep and Sagemont High School.
The cross county team honored their seniors on Monday with Antonia Milosevich, Aiden Lintz, Chris Gayle, and Eli Groothius before racing on Tuesday.
Groothius had the top time for the boys and finished seventh, while the rest of the team consisting of Eli Groothius, Jordan Head, Lucas Werth, Chris Gayle, Shaun Blum, Tommy Foster, Austin Stewart, Shivam Rangoo, Beylian De Jesus, Mason Grech, Aiden Lintz, Justin Stawicki, and Blake Weter placed fourth as a team.
The girls won, with Lili Richardson also placing first individually. She had a time of 20.30.5, while Kendall Parrott finished second. Abbie Foster and Brooke Schwartz made the top ten with teammates Marissa Micioni, Hailey Lockwitz, Annabella Thornberry, Taylor Hartley, Aliyah Rhoden, Joni Andrews, Isabella Patino, Saray Romero, Natalia Gallo, Antonia Milosevich and Jasmine Grbic.
The golf team also hosted senior night and is set to send a pair of golfers to the BCAA Tournament beginning on Monday, October 9.Their seniors are Liliana Escobar, Antonia Milosevich, Nicolas Sarcone, Ty Mainardi and Madisen Clark.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year