By: Matt Rothman
With the volleyball season heating up, four local teams were all in action around the mid-point of the 2023 season.
On September 19, Coral Springs Charter faced off against Coral Glades, with the Panthers recording a 25-18, 25-23, 26-28, 25-21 on September 19 before falling in their next match on Thursday against Pine Crest and are set to play Monarch High School in their next match on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
The Jaguars then won by forfeit over Coral Springs High School on Saturday but fell again. They have their next match against Cooper City High School on Tuesday at 4 p.m., while CSHS picked up their seventh win in 11 matches.
While J.P. Taravella is set to play the Colts on Thursday, they had only one match, which was played against Pembroke Charter on September 21, with the Trojans falling 25-8, 25-10, 25-18.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year