By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs is partnering with the Coral Springs Community Chest, a local charitable agency, raising funds to provide temporary financial assistance through the “Give Where You Live” program.
City Manager Frank Babinec said the program is meant to inspire those who have the financial ability to assist their neighbors through donations.
“Within our organization, we use the motto, ‘We are One Team with One Mission,’ and that rings true as a community. Together, we can ensure our city’s resiliency, and this new initiative will help work towards that goal,” he said.
The temporary financial assistance will focus on essential needs for the next 30-60 days, including rent or mortgage payments, medical and pharmacy payments, utility payments, vehicle repair/maintenance payments, and public transportation monthly pass costs.
Gift cards for fuel, food, cleaning products, infant formula, diapers, and baby food may also be available. Donations can be made through the Coral Springs Community Chest website.
Any temporary financial assistance that is offered will occur as a direct payment to service providers, where payments are past due. A hardship application process will be announced soon.
All requests will be considered based on financial needs that are tied to the COVID-19 pandemic including experiencing adverse financial consequences as a result of being quarantined, laid off or furloughed; having work hours reduced due to the pandemic; unable to work due to an absence of child care caused by COVID-19, the closing of a business as a result of COVID-19, or other factors identified by the Secretary of the Treasury.
Send Your News to Coral Springs Talk
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration