By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs will be playing host to more than 30 of the best masters basketball teams from across the US and Canada at the 32nd Annual National Masters Championships.
Ranging in age divisions from 40-75 plus, the 2016 tournament held on May 3-7, 2016, will be the 32nd tournament in South Florida, and the 16th played in the Coral Springs Gymnasium.
Teams from Florida, Montana, California, Georgia, Connecticut, Michigan, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas, Chicago, Arkansas and Virginia and even as far as Canada and Brazil will be attending the event bringing hundreds of people to area hotels and local restaurants.
“We look forward to a hard fought contest which puts a sunny side up to our local economy,” said Coral Springs Mayor Skip Campbell. “These athletes have come to Coral Springs for years to enjoy the stiff competition which the Masters provide.”
Games will take place throughout the day starting at noon throughout the early evening. There will be free admission with a concession stand offering official merchandise open during all games.
Full schedule available at Masters Basketball Association
Courtney Goodstein helped contribute to this article.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive