By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs congratulates the Coral Springs Charter School for receiving an ‘A’ rating for the ninth consecutive year.
Last week, the Florida Department of Education released the 2011-2012 high school grade results. Coral Springs Charter, along with Coral Glades High, Coral Springs High, J.P. Taravella High, and Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, all received an ‘A’ rating based on students’ performance relative to state standards, graduation rates, participation and success in accelerated courses, and postsecondary preparation.
“The positive school grade results reflect the determination and commitment of our administrators, teachers and students as they moved forward with academic excellence guiding each decision they made,” said Sherry Hage, Vice President of Education for Charter Schools USA.
“I am so proud of the Coral Springs Charter School, its administration, teachers and students who have worked so hard to achieve the goal of being acknowledged as an “A” rated school, over and over again. I congratulate them and know how difficult it is to continue to raise the bar to earn an “A” each year as CSCS has,” Commissioner Claudette Bruck said.
“The fact that we have been an “A” school for the past nine years reaffirms the commitment of faculty, staff, and students,” Principal Gary Springer said. “I am so proud of the culture we have created at CSCS, which allows for everyone to be a part of excellence. It is important to extend a special thanks to our parents. It is never forgotten that we are trusted each day to provide a safe and academically challenging environment to their children. We are thankful for the opportunity to serve.”
The City also congratulates the following elementary, middle and charter schools for also receiving an ‘A’ rating: Coral Park Elementary, Country Hills Elementary, Eagle Ridge Elementary, Hunt Elementary, Park Springs Elementary, Riverside Elementary, Westchester Elementary, Coral Springs Middle, Forest Glen Middle, Ramblewood Middle, Sawgrass Springs Middle, Imagine Charter of Broward, Eagle’s Nest Elementary Charter, and Renaissance Charter School of Coral Springs.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration