By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Police will be holding their first ever Coffee with a Cop event on October 31, which will provide community members a unique opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the department’s work in their neighborhoods.
The majority of contact law enforcement has with the public typically happens during emergencies, or emotional situations which aren’t always the most effective times for community relationship-building. Some residents may feel that officers are often unapproachable on the street, so Coffee with a Cop hopes to break down these barriers, allowing for a relaxed, one-on-one interaction.
“We hope that community members will feel comfortable to ask questions, bring concerns, or simply get to know our officers,” said Chief Tony Pustizzi. “These interactions are the foundation of community partnerships.”
The first event will be held on October 31 at Rob’s Bagel Land 8188 Wiles Road from 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. and the public is invited to attend. There will be no agenda, no speeches, just a chance to ask questions, voice concerns, and get to know the officers in your neighborhood.
If you are a restaurant owner in the City of Coral Springs and are interested in hosting a future Coffee with a Cop, call our Community Involvement Unit at 954-344-1833.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts