By: Sharon Aron Baron
There’s some funny business going in Parkland. Seems as if you are one particular commissioner, you don’t exist according to one hometown publication.
At Parkland Today “Parkland’s original online magazine,” owner Nancy Robeson, former candidate for city commission will not post, share or cover news if it has anything to do with her former rival Commissioner Christine Hunschofsky whom she ran against in 2013. Hunschofsky easily won the election with over 84 percent of the vote, which had to have hurt, but as a reporter you have to take your personal feelings out of what you write and cover your beat.
Her coverage of Parkland includes Mayor Michael Udine, Vice Mayor Mark Weissman, Deputy Vice Mayor David Rosenof, and Commissioner Stacy Kagan. But it’s the omission of Hunschofsky from Parkland Today that illustrates Robeson’s strong contempt. In fact, a source sent me a photo from the page where she cropped Hunschofsky out (see below). This was a photo that was shot by a city photographer that didn’t even belong to her.
My take: if you’re going to give your Facebook page the name of the city, then cover city politics and events, and cover everyone fairly. Otherwise, post it on your own timeline. You do your readers an injustice by omitting your representatives due to your pettiness.
Original Photo by the City
Cropped Photo Missing Christine Hunschofsky
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses