By Saraana Jamraj
Several residents were left bewildered upon receiving an email from BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse in Coral Springs, announcing that they’d be open for dining in—especially given that Broward County is still excluded from the state’s plans to reopen.
One member of a local Facebook group posted a screenshot of the email, which quickly gained dozens of comments—some commenters verified that they also received the email.
An administrator speculated that the email might have been hacked, others said they would be going to BJ’s to dine in, and others wondered if this was either done in error or in defiance of local restrictions against dine-in services.
Coral Springs Talk contacted Scott Goldman, General Manager of the Coral Springs BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, who confirmed they will not be opening the dining area at this time, and are indeed still adhering to local guidelines and restrictions.
“The email was sent out in error by corporate—no South Florida locations are open [for dine-in services] at this time,” said Goldman.
BJs is still open for curbside and delivery and includes contactless options.
Got News? Send it to Coral Springs Talk Here.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master’s in Mass Communications in 2020 and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2020.12.03Unique Specializations Attract Clients Worldwide to New Image Beauty Bar
- News2020.11.04Assistance for CARES Business Grants Begins
- News2020.10.30After Resistance in Coral Springs, Rock the Vote Moves to New Location
- News2020.10.27Broward Rock the Vote Event in Coral Springs includes Free Food and Live Music