By: Matt Rothman
Both the Coral Glades boys and girls golf teams are off to an excellent start to the season.
With several returning and new players, the Jaguars have competed against Piper St. Thomas Aquinas, Nova, and Deerfield Beach High School this season.
James Transue, who won the Broward County Athletic Association Damien Huttenhoff Golf Championships, led the way in the first match with a 38 in his first round. After shooting a 47 in his first round, Carter Brooks improved by nine strokes in the team’s last match with a 38. Justin Laing has recorded a 43-45 and 46 this year.
Noah Rosen has also played well and is averaging a 47 in three rounds. Ishaan Samuel, Bradley Pryor, and Chase Fisher have also contributed to the team’s success.
The Jaguars only have two playing this year, but both have been sensational in their two matches. Sophia Quinones has recorded a pair of 38’s, while Jade Scott, who also won the Damien Huttenhoff Golf Championships and competed in States in 2021, has shot a 41 and 42 this year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.10.01Coral Springs Charter Girls Volleyball Riding 3-Game Winning Streak
- News2022.09.29Coral Springs Charters’ Bella Bertorelli Commits to Play College Softball
- News2022.09.29Week 5 High School Football Games in Coral Springs Rescheduled
- News2022.09.282 Coral Springs Charter Students Receive Military Academy Nominations from Rep. Ted Deutch