By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades boys basketball started their summer participating in the Team Camp on June 3-5.
The Jaguars played the first day at Palm Beach Atlantic and then closed the weekend out at Keiser University. Coral Glades won three out of their six games, including victories over John Carrol High School, St. Thomas Aquinas, and Westwood High School.
The Jaguars were led by Ramez Zayed, who had as many as 21 points in one of their games. In their last win over Westwood, Jordan Evans and Tahir Bond combined for 18 points, seven assists, eight rebounds, three steals, and a block. Joshie Harris also recorded double digits in one of the team’s six games.
This was also the first opportunity for Head Coach Stefan Whittingham to lead the Jaguars. He was hired in April after a great run from Coach Nicholas Carr.
The Jaguars are coming off a season where they won six games. Despite losing some of their top scorers from last year, they expect to have several younger players step up this year.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.06.29Coral Glades Baseball Helps Out Travel Team at Summer Camp
- News2022.06.29J.P. Taravella’s Derek Rodriguez Commits to Play College Baseball in Miami
- News2022.06.263 Coral Glades Football Players Set to Play at Same College
- News2022.06.19Former J.P. Taravella Pitcher Colby Lipovsky Throws Gem in NJCAA College World Series