By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades boys golf team saved their best round of the season for the District Championship on Monday at the Country Club of Coral Springs.
The Jaguars finished in first place, four shots ahead of Marjory Stoneman Douglas. James Transue and Carter Brooks shot a 73, while Brayden Peeler and Justin Laing shot a 76 and 78, respectively. Shannon Glynn also advanced to regionals for the girls, finishing second individually for girls with a 97.
“Couldn’t be prouder of our boys team and Shannon,” Head Coach Jarrod Transue said. “They’ve been grinding all season, practice and play every day. This is so well deserved for these kids and shows it pays off to put your time in. We still have work to do at regionals, but these kids showed up today.”
Next, both teams are set to compete in Regionals on November 1.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year