By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades football continues to pick up victories and has won three straight after a 27-21 victory over West Broward High School.
Coral Glades improved to 4-1 this season with the victory with their last game played at Pembroke Pines Charter.
“Running game was real good,” said Head Coach Cam Thomas. “I was extremely happy about that the since we didn’t have the passing game. However, we need to stop being selfish. The 15-yard personal fouls are going to cost that if we continue with that next week.”
After neither team scored in the opening frame, the Jaguars recorded a pair of touchdowns to take a 14-0 lead in the second quarter. Dylan Knaebel ran home the opening score from two yards out before Aiden Harris rushed for an eight-yard touchdown.
Rodney Stone returned an interception 56 yards for a touchdown in the third quarter to extend the lead to 21 before Wes Broward scored to make it 21-7. Then, Coral glades added a fourth touchdown from Kyle Nelson from 17 yards away.
Up next, Coral Glades will face a tough challenge on the road when they play Cypress Bay High School. Kickoff for this matchup will be on Friday, October 22 at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.03Coral Springs Charter Gymnastics Star Sydney Crouch Signs to Compete in College
- News2021.12.02Coral Glades Girls Basketball Off to Best Start in 13 Years
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Picks Up 1st Win
- News2021.12.02J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Team Soaring as Season Progresses