By: Matt Rothman
Both Forest Glen and Coral Springs Middle School ran well on Thursday at the Middle School Athletic Association Cross Country Championship held at Tradewinds Park in Coconut Creek.
For the Forest Glen Middle School boys team, they had Gregory Hamilton finish in 27th place with a time of Gregory Hamilton. Tyler Cline ended up in 63rd, followed by Aiden Flores, Anthony Garzon, Nikolas Veselinovic, Zachary Majdoch, Carden Piersol, and RJ Delgado Borrendo.
The girls also had five runners compete, with Sofia Evans coming in 11th place with a time of 16:49.88. Alyson Thomas finished three spots back, while Ella Wood, Emily Dunkley, and Sanaii Glenn ran well.
Coral Spring Middle School’s boys’ team came in 12th place. Gage Heller finished second place overall at 13:25.71, which was less than a second behind the winner. Amari Fowler came in 35th, followed Raja Dadlani and Calvin Lukas, who each came in the top-100. Connor Cameron Jacob Casillas-Bell and Christian Pillicinio all finished within 15 spots of each other as well.
The girls’ top performance came from Sophia El Chantiry. She came in 28th place at 18:37.73. Lily Hennessy was next to finish, and Makayla Ennis ended up in 74th. Vanessa Sanchez, Madison Kraut, and Carys Brodmerkel came within five spots of each other. Jasmine Aymaya and Kalli Wheeler also ran hard for Coral Springs Middle School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.03Coral Springs Charter Gymnastics Star Sydney Crouch Signs to Compete in College
- News2021.12.02Coral Glades Girls Basketball Off to Best Start in 13 Years
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Picks Up 1st Win
- News2021.12.02J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Team Soaring as Season Progresses