By: Matt Rothman
After losing by 18 points in the regular season, then Coral Glades girl’s basketball team defeated Marjory Stoneman Douglas to advance to the District Semifinals.
Despite only winning six out of their 21 games, Coral Glades has a real opportunity for some late-season magic after winning 35-32.
They will be playing Deerfield Beach on Wednesday, February 5, at 7:30 p.m. at a neutral location. These two teams have not played each other this season, but Deerfield Beach is 13-6 on the season.
They had a bye in the quarterfinals and have won five straight and eight of their last nine games after starting the season off slow, but Coral Glades has shown they can compete with many of the talented teams around.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.10.13Coral Glades Softball Star Set to Play at University at Albany SUNY
- News2020.10.07Brianna Godfrey: One of the Most Talked About High School Softball Players in Florida
- News2020.10.073 Former Coral Springs Charter Baseball Players Excelling in College
- News2020.10.02Coral Springs Charter’s Sara Berthiaume Brings Experience to FAU Softball