By: Matt Rothman
After losing by 18 points in the regular season, then Coral Glades girl’s basketball team defeated Marjory Stoneman Douglas to advance to the District Semifinals.
Despite only winning six out of their 21 games, Coral Glades has a real opportunity for some late-season magic after winning 35-32.
They will be playing Deerfield Beach on Wednesday, February 5, at 7:30 p.m. at a neutral location. These two teams have not played each other this season, but Deerfield Beach is 13-6 on the season.
They had a bye in the quarterfinals and have won five straight and eight of their last nine games after starting the season off slow, but Coral Glades has shown they can compete with many of the talented teams around.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.04.16Andre Barnes 10th Coral Glades Athlete to Commit to College this Year
- News2021.04.16Alex Bruno Makes History for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.04.165 Coral Springs Charter Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2021.04.16Coral Glades Jemina Mills Finishes Top 5 in Three Track and Field Events at Districts