By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Police arrested two men allegedly responsible for four bank robberies in South Florida on Tuesday.
Now in the jurisdiction of the FBI, the names of those arrested are German Flaca, 26, and Christopher Lima, 29, both of Miami for their alleged involvement in the bank robberies.
According to the FBI, the first robbery took place at approximately 2:15 pm at Chase Bank branch located at 12945 SW 112 St, Miami; then, at approximately 3:30 pm, the second robbery took place at the Citi Bank branch located at 18395 Pines Blvd, Pembroke Pines; at approximately 4:30 pm, they visited the Chase Bank branch located at 12590 W. Sunrise Blvd in Sunrise; and at 5:30 pm., they robbed the Chase Bank branch located at 10585 Wiles Road in Coral Springs.
Flaca and Lima were arrested without incident by the Coral Springs Police Department following a traffic stop, and are currently in federal custody.
It is anticipated that their initial appearance will be tomorrow in Miami federal court.
Miami Dade Police Department, Pembroke Pines Police Department, Sunrise Police Department, Coral Springs Police Department, and the FBI continue their investigation.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21
- Events2021.06.14TICKET ALERT: Comedian Whitney Cummings Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2021.06.13Independence Day Celebrations are Back with Live Music and Spectacular Fireworks Show
- Events2021.06.10Veterans Coalition Holds Annual Flag Day Ceremony in Coral Springs