By: Matt Rothman
It may not have been the result they were looking for in their first lacrosse game, after suffering their first loss to West Broward High School.
Coral Glades girl’s lacrosse team lost 16-1, though Brianna Bennett scored the first goal in school history in the first half.
The team is coached by Ashley Speerin, who loves the new experience working with the girls.
“We are a team that is really enjoying learning how to play lacrosse, and we want to be competitive as we continue to get better each week,” said Speerin. “We are a young team with only one senior.”
Coral Glades will not play again to March 5, with their first home game at 4 p.m. They have many challenging games this season scheduled against John I. Leonard High School, Coral Springs High School, Plantation, Cooper City, and Flanagan High School as the Jaguars hope to improve in each game.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.09.08Gavin Conticello: Coral Springs Charter School’s Sensational Senior
- News2020.07.07Coral Springs Resident Coby Mayo Inks Deal with Baltimore Orioles
- News2020.06.17Eric Windell Named Coral Springs Charter Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
- News2020.06.12Coral Springs’ Coby Mayo Drafted by Major League Baseball