By: Matt Rothman
It may not have been the result they were looking for in their first lacrosse game, after suffering their first loss to West Broward High School.
Coral Glades girl’s lacrosse team lost 16-1, though Brianna Bennett scored the first goal in school history in the first half.
The team is coached by Ashley Speerin, who loves the new experience working with the girls.
“We are a team that is really enjoying learning how to play lacrosse, and we want to be competitive as we continue to get better each week,” said Speerin. “We are a young team with only one senior.”
Coral Glades will not play again to March 5, with their first home game at 4 p.m. They have many challenging games this season scheduled against John I. Leonard High School, Coral Springs High School, Plantation, Cooper City, and Flanagan High School as the Jaguars hope to improve in each game.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator