By Sharon Aron Baron
Residents who have a passion for Coral Springs’ history and want to make a lasting impact on the city’s future can now apply to become a 60th Anniversary Ambassador in 2023.
With a full lineup of special events and initiatives planned to celebrate the city’s 60th year, ambassadors will be given opportunities to contribute in a variety of ways, including through fundraising and merchandising efforts, docent tours, resident education, social media promotions, special event support, and community outreach.
Ambassadors will be paired with tasks based on schedule flexibility and areas of interest.
“Strong community spirit has always been the keystone of Coral Springs,” said City Commissioner Joy Carter. “We’re excited to launch our 60th Ambassador program because it will allow those who are passionate about our city to directly be a part of this historic and momentous celebration.”
Interested ambassadors are invited to an orientation on Thursday, November 17, to learn more about the program. Quarterly meetings begin in January 2023 and take place throughout the year.
Ambassadors receive Coral Springs commemorative items and will be rewarded at the conclusion with a celebration and recognition by the Coral Springs City Commission.
Growing from a master-planned “piece of gold on the gold coast” in 1963 to a thriving city today, Coral Springs’ 60th Anniversary will be marked with several commemorative events held throughout the year, including the Great Coral Springs Campout, Community Celebration Concert, Birthday Ice Cream Bash, and the City’s Largest Pizza Party.
The deadline to apply for the 60th Ambassador program is Tuesday, November 15. Interest forms, sponsorship opportunities, and more information can be found at coralsprings.gov/60.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.12.01Broward County School Choice Application Window Now Open for 2023/24
- News2022.11.30Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- Events2022.11.29Prepare for Snow at Coral Springs ‘Downtown in December’ Event
- News2022.11.28Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break