By Kevin Deutsch
A trip to Wings Plus in Coral Springs got a car thief busted for driving a stolen truck and carrying cocaine he planned to sell on the streets, court records show.
Obrian Fields, 35, of Northwest 44th Street in Coral Springs, was driving a white Chevrolet Silverado in the 10800 block of West Sample Road on Feb. 22 when a Coral Springs Police officer in an unmarked car recognized the Silverado’s Arizona plate, police said.
The plate number had been broadcast in a be-on-the-lookout alert, issued by Coral Springs Police dispatchers that same day, in connection with their search for the stolen truck, according to an arrest affidavit.
The police officer followed Fields as he pulled into a parking spot directly outside the front door of Wings Plus, 9880 W. Sample Rd., police said.
Fields walked into the restaurant, records show. When he came back outside, he and a female passenger in the truck were quickly detained, according to the affidavit.
The Silverado Fields was driving had been stolen on Jan. 31, police said. Inside his pockets, police found two bags of powder—later identified as cocaine—that Fields admitted he carried on him in order to sell, the affidavit states.
The records did not state whether Fields’ passenger was charged with any crime.
Fields, whose extensive arrest history dates back to at least 2010, is charged with possession of cocaine with intent to sell, grand theft auto, and operating a vehicle without a valid driver’s license, records show.
He was released from jail on a $3,525 bond, according to court records.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.05.27EL AL To Open U.S. Headquarters In Margate
- Crime & Safety2022.05.26Coral Springs Man Charged With 2 More Counts of Murder in Crime Spree
- Crime & Safety2022.05.24Man Responsible For Deadly Crime Spree Claimed He Had Bomb, Asked Police to Shoot Him, Records Show
- News2022.05.23Broward County Pandemic Rent Relief Program Expands With New Funding