By: Sharon Aron Baron
Each year the City’s Multi-Cultural Committee presents their International Dinner Dance with a new country and culture to showcase. This year, co-sponsored by the Broward 100, they will be featuring “Fiesta Mexicana” which will highlight Mexico’s culture, cuisine, riveting music and live entertainment.
“The purpose of the event is to embrace and welcome and embrace people from other parts of the globe,” said Gladys Castro who has chaired this event for the past 20 years.
“We wanted to show the community the different cultures that are moving to Coral Springs, Parkland and Margate that there are people coming from many different parts of the world,” said Castro. “People love it because not only do we present a different culture, we provide the gourmet food from that country, wine and a spectacular live show from that country.”
The event will be held on Saturday, September 26 at the Coral Springs Marriott at Heron Bay at 7 p.m. Admission will include hors d’oeuvres, lavish buffet dinner, complimentary dinner wine and a live show. A DJ will provide an array of international dance music, and there will be a silent auction with unique items of cultural interest. Guests are encouraged to wear ethnic or cultural attire from their own country to lend even more of an international flair.
Castro said that the Marriott only holds 400 guests and each year they sell out of tickets. Because they want to keep it in Coral Springs, they don’t seek out a larger venue.
Tickets are $55 each and will not be sold after September 18 and will not be available at the door. You can purchase tickets at City Hall in the Mall or by visiting City Hall on Sample Road.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation