By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter boy’s basketball team won their opening District game over American Heritage to advance to the District Semifinals following their exciting 45-40 win.
The Panthers were down by 15 points heading into the fourth quarter and came back for the win. Senior Ian Tajalli finished with game-high 19 points and 11 rebounds.
Head Coach Lamar Twitty called it one of the greatest victories he has ever been a part of.
The Panthers, who had ten wins in the regular season, have been playing their best basketball of late. They have won six of their last nine games.
Up next, CSC will face Pine Crest School Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. with the game being played at Cardinal Gibbons High School.
These teams have not played yet this season, buy Pine Crest comes in as heavy-factories after their regular season, where they went 17-6 in the regular season.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision
- News2021.07.27Coral Springs’ Outfielder Caleb Roberts Officially Goes Pro