By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter boy’s basketball team won their opening District game over American Heritage to advance to the District Semifinals following their exciting 45-40 win.
The Panthers were down by 15 points heading into the fourth quarter and came back for the win. Senior Ian Tajalli finished with game-high 19 points and 11 rebounds.
Head Coach Lamar Twitty called it one of the greatest victories he has ever been a part of.
The Panthers, who had ten wins in the regular season, have been playing their best basketball of late. They have won six of their last nine games.
Up next, CSC will face Pine Crest School Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. with the game being played at Cardinal Gibbons High School.
These teams have not played yet this season, buy Pine Crest comes in as heavy-factories after their regular season, where they went 17-6 in the regular season.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Matt worked as the assistant sports editor for his school paper, eaglenews.com in college becoming just one of nine students in his graduating class to serve over 1,000 community service hours. His goal is to travel to every Major League Baseball stadium and has been to multiple US Open finals. He hopes to one day to be a beat writer for a professional team.
- Schools2020.02.26J.P Taravella Basketball Makes History Playing in First Regional Semifinals Game
- News2020.02.25Coral Springs High School Baseball Throw No-Hitter in Win over Hollywood Hills
- News2020.02.25Coral Glades Boy’s Volleyball Begin Season with Win
- News2020.02.25Coral Glades Boy’s Tennis Win Second Match of the Season