By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter cross country team shined in the District Championship, with the girls advancing while the boys had one runner qualify on Tuesday at South Country Regional Park in Boca Raton.
Lily Richardson led the way for the Panthers, placing 12th at 21:26.20. Kendall Parrott was next to finish, while Brooke Schwartz also placed in the top 45. Hailey Lockwitz, Taylor Hartley, Abby Foster, Isabella Patino. Aliyhah Rhoden and Marissa Micioni also competed to help CSC finish.
Eli Groothius qualified for Regionals, placing 33rd with a time of 18:58.56. Lucas Werth came in 45th, followed by Austin Stewart, Jordan Head, Shivam Rangoo, Beylian De Jesus, and Aiden Lintz.
“A fantastic result for the girls and Eli, Head Coach Brantley Barr said. “A large number from the team were hit by the flu right after the BCAA meet, so we weren’t close to 100 percent, but the healthy and recovered ones lined up and gave it everything. I am very proud of what they did at the district meet.”
Next, CSC will compete in Regionals on Thursday, November 9.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year
- NewsNovember 23, 2023Coral Springs Charter’s Catcher Stephanie Basso Makes College Pick