By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Charter School presents the Emmy Award-winning Qui Nguyen’s “She Kills Monsters.”
Originally premiering at the Flea Theatre in 2011, the show tells the story of Agnes Evans as she attempts to connect with the memory of her late sister Tilly through a Dungeons & Dragons notebook found in Tilly’s belongings.
This comedic adventure is laden with intrigue, dragons, a gelatinous cube, and plenty of 90s pop culture references.
“These shows are always top-notch. Very well done and always entertaining”, said Middle School Dean Bruce Leibowitz, an avid theater fan.
“She Kills Monsters” is the latest production from Coral Springs Charter’s longtime theatre director Alaina Butler, and produced by a cast and crew of over 50 students including Alyssa Valvano as Tilly Evans, Morgan Economou as Agnes Evans, Giuliana Sarcone as the Lillith Morningstar, Joey Cannon as Chuck, and Allyse Doblmeier as Kaliope Darkwalker.
Last year, the CSC Production team presented “Completely Hollywood Abridged” and “Legally Blonde” both to complete sellout audiences and rave responses.
On Wednesday, November 6, there will be free in-school previews for CSC students.
Showtimes are Thursday, Nov. 7 through Saturday, Nov. 9. at 7 p.m. Ticket prices are $10 in advance or $12 at the door and can be purchased online at coralsprings.booktix.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.23Coral Springs Crime and Arrests Through January 19
- News2021.01.23Broward County Public School Employees Receive COVID-19 Vaccines
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.23National Fraternal Order of Police Reports 371 Law Enforcement Officers Have Died From COVID-19