By: Matt Rothman
After a 7-0 win over Deerfield Beach High School on Tuesday, the Coral Springs Charter girls soccer ended with another victory less than 24 hours later.
The Panthers improved to 4-0-1 following their 1-0 win over Western High School Wednesday night. Sabrina Basso scored the lone goal on an assist from Erin Dunne. Kelsey Dunne was excellent in goal to record the shutout along with tremendous defense from Abby Foster.
This all came after Basso, Emily Kahler, Brooke Catronio, Erin, Kayla Kreisler, Marissa Micioni, and Sophie Ribeiro scored goals against Deerfield Beach.
Head Coach Kristin Grassi says she is getting great performances from the veterans and the newcomers and feels her team is improving daily.
‘They are a really talented group of young women who are working well together,” Coach Grassi said. They are super supportive of each other on and off the field and have figured out how to adapt no matter what the game throws at them.”
CSC has beaten Fort Lauderdale, FAU High, Deerfield Beach, and Western with their latest win and outscored their opponents 17-0 during those wins. Their only draw came in their first game of the season against Pine Crest.
The Panthers will not play again until Monday, November 29, at Monarch High School. Kickoff is set for 4 p.m. as the Knights are 1-2 after their frantic 5-4 win over J.P. Taravella High School on Tuesday.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Quarterback Tyler Goodman Honored With Perseverance Award in College
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Charter Girls Soccer Wins 4th Game in a Row Wednesday Night
- News2021.11.18J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Team Holds Car Wash This Weekend
- News2021.11.17Hines Scores Twice Leading Coral Glades Boys Soccer to 1st Win