By Sharon Aron Baron
Although it doesn’t replace curbside recycling, the City of Coral Springs is offering another drop-off at their new collection point in Whispering Woods Park.
This is in addition to the current recycling containers located at Mullins Park (2501 Coral Springs Drive) next to the Coral Springs Gymnasium, and the Waste Transfer Station at 12600 Wiles Road.
“The importance and need for clean recycling options for our environmentally conscious residents continue to be a top priority for our city,” said John Norris, public works director. ‘It’s been five months since we launched this initiative, and after seeing an improvement in recycling habits and a decrease in contamination at the Mullins Park drop-off location, we are happy to expand this recycling solution in the north end of Coral Springs.”
The recycling container can only be used for the following items in individual collection areas of the container:
- Plastic material with the number 1 or 2 on the containers (rinsed and dry)
- Metal and aluminum cans (rinsed and dry)
- Newspaper and mixed paper (dry only)
- Cardboard (broken down)
They are asking residents who utilize this option to please refrain from contaminating the recycling with non-recyclable materials.
Whispering Woods Park is located at 7701 Wiles Road for drop-off at all hours.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.14Coral Springs-Parkland Firefighter Who Battled Cancer Laid to Rest