By: Matt Rothman
On Dec. 19 at Coral Springs High School, the Kruel Classic features teams from around the United States. The Colts played in three games and picked up their win against Forest Hills High School (New York).
Romae Brown led the team with 18 points and six rebounds, while Alex Pierre-Louis finished three assists shy of a triple-double. He had 17 points, 11 rebounds, and seven assists. Noah Yeha had 15 points and five rebounds. Also, Walter Pierre-Louis had 15 points and five rebounds. These four players combined for 14 steals.
Head Coach Devin Barta loved how his team responded after falling in their first game against South Gwinnett High School (Georgia).
“I was really happy that we were able to bounce back and get a win today, said Barta. “We are a young group, and we know it is a long season, and we are just trying to get better day by day.”
The Colts moved to 5-4 on the season but ended up falling in the final game against Cardinal Newman High School. Next, CSHS will play Piper and Western High School later this week before competing in another tournament during the Holiday Break in the Sunshine State Explosion at Coconut Creek High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs High School Girls Basketball Wins District Championship; Boys Team Hosts on Senior Night
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Team Places 3rd in State Championship
- News2023.02.01CSC Girls Basketball Advances in Playoffs; Boys Team Hosts Senior Night
- News2023.01.294 Teams From Coral Springs Compete in BCAA Wrestling Tournament