By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs Charter had a successful start to the holiday break, with four varsity teams picking up wins.
After dropping their first seven games of the season, the boys basketball team has won three straight games, starting off with a win on Dec. 13, 48-46, against West Broward High School.
Jaeden Gasper led the team with 15 points. Camden Fearon had 13, Jaeden McGregor had ten, while Jordan Richardson, Chanse Fearon, and Aiden Lev combined for 11.
It is also the first win for CSC since Dec 17, 2021, after winning only once in 18 games last year. They then went on to win their next two games to move to 3-7. The Panthers team consists of John Heffernan, Ramon Kwan, Jurgen Meza, Jeremyah Ilsaint, Chanse Fearon, Camden Fearon, Jalen McGregor, and Michael Chin.
Next, CSC will play on Jan 3 against Calvary Christian Academy, which has a record of 4-4.
The girls basketball team’s terrific start continued with a 53-26 win over Deerfield Beach High School on Tuesday. The Panthers improved to 6-3 this year and have wins against J.P. Taravella, Piper, Monarch, Coconut Creek High School, and West Broward High School. Next, CSC will play Somerset Academy on Jan 5.
The boys soccer team picked up their fourth win of the season with a 1-0 victory over Hallandale High School. They previously beat Flanagan, Nova, and Hollywood Hills High School this season and will play Deerfield Beach High School in their next game on Thursday, Dec 22, at 4 p.m.
The girls soccer team also picked up an exciting 3-2 win on Dec 14 to move to 7-2-1. Anna Mariano recorded a hat-trick with three goals, while Katianna Grace and Maria Rojas both picked up assists. Kathryn Shaggy and Riley Guerrera made a save, splitting time in net. They followed that up with a win over Hallandale, with Mariano adding two more goals.
Camila Ruiz added a goal and two assists, while Danielle Mersch, Lynnae Varkala, Maria Rojas, Rylie Gentile, and Victoria Tedesco scored goals. Next, the Panthers will also play Deerfield Beach High School on Thursday, Dec 22, at 6 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.04Former Coral Glades Cheer Champion Leads Her Team to Historic Finish at States
- News2023.02.04Coral Glades Cheerleading Teams Finishes 3rd in State Championship
- News2023.02.04J.P. Taravella Baseball Star Anthony Quigley Makes College Pick
- News2023.02.04Aris Rivera of J.P. Taravella High School Makes College Pick