By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School football team won the Mayor’s Cup with their 27-6 victory over J.P. Taravella Friday night.
The Colts finished their season with three wins in ten games during Head Coach Ian Headley’s first season. They also have won the last two head-to-head meetings.
“Anytime you can beat a rival, it’s big,” said Coach Headley. “We lost to Coral Glades and lost to Marjory Stoneman Douglas in the Pig Bowl. Credit to our seniors for coming out and playing well tonight.”
Jayvyn Earley recorded a rushing touchdown while Garth Lewis had an interception return for a score and a receiving touchdown. Junior Jean also picked off a pass and returned it for a touchdown.
For JPT, they finished the year 0-10 and were outscored 460-38. The Trojans have only one win in their last two seasons.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.03Coral Springs Charter Gymnastics Star Sydney Crouch Signs to Compete in College
- News2021.12.02Coral Glades Girls Basketball Off to Best Start in 13 Years
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Picks Up 1st Win
- News2021.12.02J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Team Soaring as Season Progresses